Monday, August 23, 2010

#4: Faster

“Start the fourth engine” I ordered my engineer. I glanced up from the controls in front of me and looked outside.

We were rapidly approaching a planet. Within a sudden burst, the ship started to move at a rapidly increasing speed. It seemed like a collision was inevitable, when there was a sudden blinding flash of light.

When I could see again we were flying through a cluster of staggeringly beautiful stars which unlike the ones in our universe were of every color from the brightest scarlet to the deepest blue.   

“Spector was right” my navigator said slowly “we’ve broken out of the four dimensions....we’re outside the universe...”

“We are going to be famous!” my normally calm engineer said sounding hysterical. “Should I shut the fourth engine?”

“Yes” I replied smiling, despite my best efforts.


He shut the engine, and with another blinding flash we were pulled back into our own universe.

3 comments:

  1. Great work
    Awesome post

    Well, if you want me to become a regular reader for your blog just do me a little favour by voting for me on IndiBlogger http://www.indiblogger.in/indipost.php?post=30036

    PS- Don't think you need me, I need you. So please vote for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vinayak.

    Although I think this is by far the worst of my 4 posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What you're saying is completely true. I know that everybody must say the same thing, but I just think that you put it in a way that everyone can understand. I'm sure you'll reach so many people with what you've got to say.

    ReplyDelete